You are invited to the monthly meeting of the E-Learning Network–a group of e-learning professionals representing Memphis-area corporations and organizations.
- When: 11:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., Thursday, November 19th, 2009
- Where: University of Memphis, FedEx Institute of Technology, Methodist Presentation Theater (1st Floor)
- Featured Speaker: Dick Handshaw, President of Handshaw, Inc.
- Who’s Invited: anyone interested in teaching and learning, particularly in the workforce
- Lunch: Please bring your lunch. If you are a dues paying “premium member” please reply to email@example.com and we will have your lunch ready.
Topic: Subject Matter Experts — A Marriage for Better or Worse
Why are SMEs so difficult to get along with? Why don’t they take the advice of learning professionals on learning related matters? How can we get them to give us the feedback we need, on time? How can I keep them from changing their minds and adding to the project scope when it’s too late? If these are questions that bother you, you will get answers in this session. The answers to these questions come from more than one source. Some of the answers lie in project management process, and some require us to borrow from the skills of performance consultants. All issues and answers are the result of research done with several companies and are a compilation of their best practices.
Speaker: Dick Handshaw is the president of Handshaw, Inc., an e-learning and LMS company based in Charlotte, NC. Handshaw works with leading organizations that use competency-based learning. They offer content design and development services, instructional design workshops, and performance support solutions. (http://handshaw.com)
Please forward this notice to interested colleagues, or those you know involved in training and learning initiatives. If you would like to be added to or removed from our mailing list, please contact Trey Martindale.