Update: Here are Michael’s slides from the presentation.
- When: 11:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., Thursday, March 26th, 2009
- Where: University of Memphis, FedEx Institute of Technology, Room 405
- Featured Speaker: Michael Dowdy, Organizational Development Consultant in the Learning and Development Group at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Topic: The recent process of implementing a new learning management system
- Who’s Invited: anyone interested in teaching and learning, particularly in the workforce
Please forward this notice to interested colleagues, or those you know involved in training and learning initiatives.
Michael’s presentation will be a demonstration of a new Learning Management System just purchased and currently under implementation. While “go-live” is scheduled for late summer, Michael will lead a discussion covering some of the major features of the selected LMS, organizational initiatives that will dovetail with the new functionality, and some of the LMS industry insight Michael gained from an 18 month long search process. Bring your questions.
Michael Dowdy is an Organizational Development Consultant in the Learning and Development Group at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. His duties include facilitation of teambuilding events, management consulting, online learning development and the administration of the Learning Management System. Michael has a M.S. specializing in Instructional Design and is currently pursuing his doctorate at the University of Memphis. (Editors note: Michael is a long-time E-Learning Network member, and knows what he’s talking about).
If you have any questions, feel free to to call the Corporate ADL Co- Lab at (901) 678-5736.